Any school parties which love being at the heart of the après ski action should certainly consider the Northwoods Inn as it's situated slap bang in the middle of Lake Placid and as such provides a wealth of things to do off the slopes. The closest ski runs are approximately 15 minutes away so you'll get to have the best of both worlds with student rooms arranged on a four person basis sharing either two double, king-size or sleeper sofa beds. Further in-house facilities include a couple of restaurants from where to enjoy breakfasts and evening meals, alongside a traditional bar area which has an open fire and cosy mountain ambience. With Wi-Fi internet access in guest rooms and public areas, there's plenty to write home about and when you're ready to get out and explore you'll discover a wealth of opportunities right on your doorstep, including: the Palace Theatre, the Olympic Arena and numerous restaurants, cafés and curiosity shops. In a nutshell: central Lake Placid village location, just 15 minutes' drive to the slopes.
- Main Street hotel in Lake Placid
- En-suite rooms are based on 4 students sharing beds using various room types including: double/queen beds, king beds and sleeper sofas.
- 2 restaurants for breakfasts and evening meals
- The Cabin – cosy lounge area with open fireplace
- Ski slopes approximately 15 minutes' drive
- Numerous restaurants, cafés and boutique stores on your doorstep