The Milky Way ski region - something for everyone
The Milky Way is a vast ski area in the Italian Alps which attracts school groups year after year. A simply brilliant ski region. Here is why.
- 400 km of linked piste
- 950 snow cannons to supplement natural snowfall
- Choice of three different resorts with Skibound
- Try out the runs used in the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Ski in Italy and France in one day!
A choice of resorts:
- Sauze d’Oulx - a village with a traditional feel and wide, cruising slopes with tree-lined runs
- Claviere - a beautiful, quaint Italian village, perfect for beginners with sun-trap nursery slopes and short queuing times
- Sestiere - the highest resort available to Skibound groups, ideal for confident skiers who enjoy challenging runs and north-facing slopes
The runs of Sansicario, Cesana, Pragelato and Montgenevre are also accessible in this epic ski region.
On the slopes you can expect:
- Outstanding views and stunning landscapes
- Variety of pistes from gentle beginners slopes to adrenaline-fuelled Olympic runs
- Stunning tree-lined runs through wooded areas
- Meandering runs
- Wide, open bowls
- Exciting snow parks for practising those freestyle skills
- Pizza night
- Ice skating
- Snow shoeing
- A bowling evening over the border in France
Italy is the perfect combination for a traditional and friendly experience, alongside stunning and sunny tree-lined pistes. A great destination both students and teachers will enjoy!Click here to find more about our fantastic Italian ski resorts.