Julian Alps, Italy
- The Kanin-Sella Nevea ski resort straddles the border between Italy and Slovenia.
- There is a beginner ski area in the village of Sella Nevea and the same lift pass allows skiing on the Bovec side in Slovenia.
- Excellent snow record with the ski season lasting from December to late April.
- Hot lunched included in the hotel, 200m from the lifts and beginners' area.
Why choose this resort?
Located at an altitude of 1140 m, the resort of Sella Nevea is in a real snow pocket, located on the border between Italy and Slovenia. With the cross border cableway link completed in December 2009, skiers have the chance to ski on the slopes of Monte Canin in Italy and also on the Bovec side in Slovenia on the same lift pass. This area is perfectly suited to school groups who consist mainly of beginners and intermediate skiers. In resort activities include a natural ice skating rink and a pizza night.
On the slopes
The beginners have their ski area served by a magic carpet and a drag-lift in the village of Selea Nevea. This beginner area is only 200 m from the Sport Hotel Forte. A gondola, serving two red slopes, takes skiers to the upper ski area from where the modern Prevala cableway, with two cable cars with 100 places each, allow skiers to leave the Gilberti station to reach Sella Golovec at an altitude of 2133 m. Groups therefore have the chance to ski on the slopes of Monte Canin in Italy and also on the Bovec side in Slovenia on the same lift pass. Sella Nevea has hosted the FIS ski training centre since 2007/08.
|Calais to Sella Nevea||18 hours|
|Ljubilana to Sella Nevea||2 hours|
|Venice to Sella Nevea||2 1/2 hours|
The resort of Alpe d'Huez offers school groups a wide variety of après-ski options. From flood-lit night sledging and night skiing to great in-house activities at the SkiBound Clubhotels, there is plenty to keep your students entertained after a day on the slopes.
- Large floodlit, outdoor ice skating rink
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Fully equipped sports centre with indoor swimming pool and other activities
- Karaoke night
- Disco in-house or locally
- Floodlit night skiing and sledging on the “Signal” run (free with Visalp lift pass)
More resorts like this